Inverurie 1867

Click on map for larger image
Heritage Cartography - Victorian Town and Village Maps

ISBN 1-903004-19-5
Size 550mm x 550mm
Uncoloured size 600mm x 700mm (approx)

Inverurie in 1867 is shown as long ribbon village on the Main Aberdeen to Inverness stagecoach road. The industrial revolution has touched the village with the recently constructed railway and it is this railway which will bring great changes later with the building of the loco works. Industry is currently seen with the large corn and flour mill in Port Elphinstone at the end of the Aberdeen Canal and now connected to the railway from Port Elphinstone Station. A tannery is located at the lower end of Blackhall Road and the village is served by a gasworks on the Oldmeldrum Road. The community gives off a settled bucolic feeling of peace and contentment, but inevitably it is riddled with the well documented Victorian social contradictions and tensions. Prominent at the north end of the village lies…..the Poorhouse.

Please select the option you require

Quantity

View Basket

Return to Map List

Click here for details of our ordering process, shipping options and terms and conditions.